Monday, September 21, 2009

Quasi Moto and the Moai










We started the day out exploring Notre Dame, lighting a offering candle, and reading up on the statues of saints and martyrs. After that we strolled up through the Latin Quarter to the Louvre where we saw Winged Victory and the Mona Lisa before touring the African/Oceanian art where we found a Moai (one of the status you find on Easter Island). I was super-excited since I've read all about these things.

The Louvre is huge with lots of diversity but all in all Heather and I preferred the Van Goghs and Renoirs of the Orsay. We finished off the day doing what we like best about Paris, eating hors-d'oeuvre and drinking a nice glass of vin in one of the hundreds of roadside cafes. Bonsoir until the next post when we explore the Loire valley.

2 comments:

The Ups & Downs: 2008-2009

The Apartment Years: 2006-2007

When Boy Meets Girl: 2004 - 2005